The Hunting Horn

New Moon Chinese Restaurant

Erica Delos Santos, Features Editor

Looking for a fun place to eat and hang out after school? Well, there’s a restaurant that’s perfect! It’s local and delicious. This restaurant is called New Moon.

New Moon is a contemporary Chinese cuisine restaurant that’s a half a mile walk from HMS. It’s a designated hangout spots for many kids at HMS, and sometimes even SMHS students. New Moon also has a wide menu of Chinese food. There are many dishes to choose from.

“New Moon is a fun place to eat and hang out with you friends and family. I love going there,” Ava Giardina (7) said.

The service at New Moon is usually good, depending on what day you go. For example, on Fridays, it’s usually packed with HMS students with their friends who want a meal. There are also usually other locals. Service is usually slower because there are so many people to cook and serve for inside and outside the restaurant.

“There are always a lot of people when I go,” Nora Chang (7) said. However, other students, like Hannah Hamawi, disagree.

“Actually, there aren’t a lot of people when I go,” Hannah Hamawi (7) said.

When I go, there are usually a lot of people. Once, I waited in line for about 10 minutes for water after ordering our meals. There were only 3 or 4 people in front of me. By the time I got to the cashier, I was really frustrated while ordering. My friends and I still ended up waiting another 10 minutes for our water and food to arrive.

However, New Moon always has very high quality food. When my friends and I go, we usually get calamari as an appetizer. For the main meal, we get chicken or shrimp fried rice, and chow mein. The amount of food per plate is reasonable, and it is enough for all of my friends and I to have a little bit of each dish.

“The Chinese food is really good and I enjoy it a lot. My favorite dish is the shrimp fried rice,” Nicholas Luu (7) said.

Another thing about New Moon is that it can be pricey. “The food is overpriced compared to the portion they give,” Nora Chang (7) said.

A plate of chicken with chinese snow peas is $15.25, while a plate of Chicken Teriyaki Lo Mein at Noodle World is only $9.25. However, groups of friends usually like to split the cost.

“But it’s still decent. It fills you up,” Hannah Hamawi (7) said.