The Hunting Horn

Introducing the New Nintendo Switch: Console and Games

Courtesy of Nintendo Website

Courtesy of Nintendo Website

Courtesy of Nintendo Website

Sean Chan, Staff Writer

“Click!” The sound of the Nintendo Switch controllers slided on to the Nintendo Switch console to turn on the device. Nintendo Switch has just been activated by a consumer, involving the menu screen showing the variety of games you choose from.

First of all, Nintendo Switch is the 7th major gaming console. October 2016, was the month when the console was revealed to the world; the releasing didn’t happen till early March 3, 2017. This console was the replacement of Nintendo’s previous failure, Wii U. This “hybrid console” is designed for a primary home console; the main unit is inserted to the main docking system to connect towards your television. In a way, the alternative factor is that the console can be removed from the dock and used as a laptop through its function: the touchscreen. In addition, the console can be placed on a portable stand for visibility (other players). Even if this console is cool, it has other competitors in the console gaming market: Sony (PlayStation 4) and Microsoft (Xbox One). Now that we’ve gone over the basic background info, we can talk about the controls and other interesting facts.

According to the Nintendo Switch company, the Switch uses 2 Joy – Con wireless controllers, which include standard buttons and a directional joystick for the user’s input, motion sensing, and high – definition feedback. Both of the controllers include an analog stick, 4 face buttons, 2 top buttons, 2 side buttons that are accessible when detached (which become shoulder buttons when held horizontally) and designated as SL and SR, a + or – button, a sync button, top buttons designated as L and ZL, and a screenshot button, which allows anybody to upload screenshots to social media. Due to the number of games with so many different controls, you can’t really take a certain game and reveal its true functions. Surprisingly, the Joy – Con can attach to both sides of the console. Therefore, you can support with handheld – style (Wii Remote style) or form a traditional home console gamepad (Wii U Gamepad style). The Switch’s software also supports your online gaming through connected Internet, as well as the local connections with other Switch consoles. The Switch games/software is available on both flash ROM cartridges and the digital distribution; the system doesn’t use region locking.

If you’re ready to buy the item, you should look at certain costs of bundles. A variety of games isn’t available yet, however there are some games that have come out. The 1st preview of the console was in March; many conventions of the games’ previews then followed on top. Games like Legends of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Arms, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle are some of the ones that are available since the previews came out. However, some of the future games to be released are Kirby: Star Allies, Super Meat Boy Forever, and WWE2K18. The range of ratings for these games are in – between 4 – 5 stars. Here are some of the customer’s comments on Nintendo’s new console and games – scroll to bottom for top reviews…: (Nintendo Switch Gray-Con Console), (Super Mario Odyssey), and (Splatoon 2). I hope that everyone will enjoy some family fun with this new product.

Top Reviews:

Nintendo Switch Console, Rating – 5 stars, Date – December 11, 2017

Comment – The Switch is a great console. I like how it works and looks. Is really easy to install and to start playing any games. Here are some useful tips if you are thinking in buying this console:

The console comes with a 32gb internal memory, but the smallest game can take up to 10gb. So if you are thinking in having several games, buy a 64gb or 128gb Micro SDXC also. The HDMI cable and electric cable are a little bit larger than a foot, so try to install the console as close to the tv and the electrical outlet as possible. When you start the console for the first time, it will prompt you to connect to the internet. Do this so the console can update to the latest firmware, this will give you access to the latest futures. Yes, you can use wireless headphones with the console. The ones connected by usb transmitter, like the Playstation headphones. Is important to mention that this future comes with the latest firmware update, so update the console as soon as possible. If some latin american countries the EShop may not be available, to avoid this, set your Nintendo and EShop account as United States region.

Super Mario Odyssey, Rating – 5 stars, Date – December 11, 2017

Comment – Highly enjoyable game, it is a great throwback to old school Mario with new twists. Guaranteed lots of entertainment. Nintendo steps it up each and every time with Mario’s journeys. My kids have already enjoyed hours for this game since it arrived. The game arrived on time and was well packaged. (No damage) Highly recommend!

Splatoon 2, Rating – 5 stars, Date – December 5, 2017

Comment – A very addicting game from the moment I put it in the Nintendo Switch… The colors are so vibrant and the use of the so called ink weapons are very clever… A very family friendly game…

Here are some enjoyable videos on the console, games, and official Parental Controls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIxK8mrP8BU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI