The Hunting Horn

Urban Outfitters

Ava Gill, Senior Staff Writer

Urban Outfitters may be pricey but their style of clothes is very unique.  Their sale section online has more options than in stores. In stores, the sale section may be a little messy and can be small in some locations, but they have great deals! You may have to rummage through some of the items to find a few things you like. “The sale section is where I do most of my shopping when i’m at Urban because their products are usually more on the expensive side,” Erica King (8) said. The Urban Outfitters sale section, is good for a day where you can take your time looking at the items.

Some people complain that the men’s section has become smaller over time. I personally shop in the men’s section sometimes, and I believe the men’s section is smaller than the women’s section, but it hasn’t become smaller. The men’s section has great vintage and graphic tees.

I haven’t had any problems with customer service at the Pasadena or Glendale locations. But many customers have rated Urban’s customer service from 1-3 stars. This is most likely because the customer wasn’t helped or the staff had slow service.

Urban Outfitters has fast and efficient shipping. From my experiences, my orders have arrived earlier than I expected. For standard shipping, the shipping time is supposed to be between 5-10 business days. For orders up to $49.99 shipping is $4.95 and orders $50 and over is free for standard shipping. I personally, have gotten my order within 2-4 days with standard shipping. For express shipping, the shipping time is supposed to arrive within 2-3 days and it’s $14.95. “Urban ships their packages really fast and the way they ship it is neat,” Kate Brunner (8) said.

Their home/apartment section is very pricey but has great products. There is a variety of beddings and string lights. “A great type of textile is rugs, and if you can’t afford to get one of those giant rugs, then you can always get multiple little ones! A reversible rug here is only $24. So if you decide you want to change your space up, you can always change the color of your rug too,” Jenna Yankun, the UO Home Art Director said.

I have personally bought a few items from Urban Outfitters. Some of these items include, scrunchie sets, a few shirts and blouses, sweatshirts and make-up/facial products. I purchased most of my tops and sweatshirts from the sale section because their regular priced tops are above a budget that I would want to spend. I really enjoy their make-up/facial products because they are easy to apply and remove.

Even though it is more on the expensive side, the quality of their products is great. The sale section still has trendy clothes for men and women and good deals.