The Hunting Horn

The Chipotle Diet

Alma Lovinger, Erinn DeGuzman, and Kaylee Campana, Staff Writers

Chipotle ABS

When you think about losing weight the main solutions are strict diets and intensive workouts. Well a 25-year-old man and Los Angeles-based animator, named David Cunningham took a different approach. He had a “steady diet of Chipotle,” and he’s been eating Chipotle every single day for a year straight to get abs to die for. The amazing thing is, he still wishes to continue the extensive diet. Another strange thing is that Cunningham didn’t always like Chipotle.

The reason he started his new diet was because of a news story he saw of a man who ate Chipotle straight for 186 days and knew he could do it even longer. There was also a second reason for this diet, two years earlier he discovered a diet called “if it fits your macros,” which basically tells you the specific amounts of carbs, protein and fat you should consume in a day. After learning this, he worked even harder on working out more effectively and learning the correct way to lift weights. He decided that Chipotle would actually be a good match to his new fitness and diet habits.

The biggest challenge he faced in his diet came last fall, when all the local Chipotles around him got shut down for two weeks because of an E. Coli scare. Luckily, Cunningham lives conveniently near the border of Canada, so he was able to drive up north twice to pick up his normal two-week supply of burritos from Vancouver, which he kept fresh by freezing them.  As a ‘Times” article states, ‘He has meticulously kept track of his progress and Chipotle purchases on Instagram, where his pics seem to support his claim that yes, it’s possible to get fit on a (partially) fast food diet.”

Now, after we learned about this crazy diet challenge we asked known chipotle lovers in our school how they felt about Cunningham and his diet choices. Our very close friend and lover of Chipotle, Grace Navarro, was thrilled when we told her about this article.