The Hunting Horn

Woody Harrelson

Dakota Hedgepeth, Guest Wtiter

Emmy and SAG award winning actor, Woody Harrelson has starred and made cameo appearances in many movies. You may have seen him in Solo playing Beckett, in the Now You See Me series playing Merritt Mckinney, also in The Hunger Games series playing Haymitch Abernathy. Harrelson has been on approximately 93 shows and movies to this day starting from 1978 towards 2018. Harrelson has been nominated for 3 Oscars, has had 26 different wins, and has been nominated 91 times in general.

Harrelson was born July 23rd in 1961 in Midland, Texas. Harrelson’s father, Charles Harrelson, went to prison when he was only 7 years old, leaving Woody’s mother, Diane Harrelson, a legal secretary, to raise him and his two brothers in Lebanon, Ohio. In 1983 Harrelson earned a bachelor’s degree in English and Theatrical Arts and later went to New York to pursue his acting career. Harrelson was briefly married to Nancy Simon in 1985 but then later divorced the following year. In December 2008, Mr. Harrelson married his former assistant Laura Louie who he had dated for a long time. They got married in a private ceremony in Costa Rica and now live in Maui, Hawaii in a self sustained community with their three daughters, Deni Montana Harrelson, Zoe Giordano Harrelson, and Makani Ravello Harrelson.

Harrelson’s most successful awards come from, Screen Actors Guild for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture, for Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing Missouri where Harrelson plays Bill Willoughby, in 2018. Harrelson has also won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series, Cheers, playing Woody Boyd in 1989. Also a MTV award for Best Kiss playing David Murphy in Indecent Proposal in 1994. An Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Male playing Captain Tony Stone in The Messenger, in 2010. A Satellite Award for Best Ensemble-Motion Picture playing Sgt. Keck in The Thin Red Line, in 1999.