The Hunting Horn

Stanley Tucci

Kaitlyn Chan, Guest Writer

Stanley Tucci is a five foot eight American actor, writer, producer, and film director born on November 11, 1960. Although Tucci was born along the Hudson River in Peekskill, New York, he grew up in Katonah, New York as the eldest of three siblings. Tucci came from a middle class Italian American family, his father was a art teacher, and his mother a secretary. In high school, Tucci joined drama, and his high school friend, son of Colleen Dewhurst, helped with his professional acting debut as an extra in a Broadway production. Tucci got his bachelor’s degree from SUNY’s Purchase College in 1982, then immediately moved to New York. He worked as a server and performing in Broadway/off-Broadway productions for several years.

Finally in 1985, Stanley Tucci made his film debut in Prizzi’s Honor. That movie role had helped him land several more roles, like Frank Mosca on Miami Vice. Then after years of a variety of tv and movies roles, Tucci was cast as the lead in the movie Winchell in 1998. His performance got him his first Emmy and Golden Globe awards.

Stanley Tucci has been in over 76 movies, but his more famous movies include, The Devil Wears Prada, The Hunger Games, Easy A, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Lovely Bones, Maid in Manhattan, Julie and Julia, A Tale of Despereaux, Transformers, and Beauty and the Beast.  He played Nigel in The Devil Wears Prada, Caesar Flickerman in The Hunger Games, Dill Penderghast in Easy A, Dr. Abraham Erskine in Captain America: The First Avenger, George Harvey in The Lovely Bones, Jerry Siegel in Maid in Manhattan, Julia Child’s Husband in Julie and Julia, Joshua Merlin in Transformers, and the piano in Beauty and the Beast.  He won three Emmy awards, from Winchell, and as a producer for Park Bench.

Stanley Tucci married Kate Tucci in 1995, but she died in 2009.  Then in 2012, Stanley Tucci married Felicity Blunt. His children are Nicolo Robert, Matteo Oliver, Isabel Concetta, and Camilla Tucci.