8th Grade Pali Mountain Trip

Back to Article
Back to Article

8th Grade Pali Mountain Trip

Audrey Loh and Olivia Gregson, Staff Writers

We conquer our fears and break our boundaries. Pali’s outdoor education program is a 5-day experience in the San Bernardino Mountains with the goal of learning about subjects in the outdoors. The 8th grade class left Huntington’s campus at around 9 am on September 17th to embark on this unforgettable trip. They returned on Friday the 21st. Pali’s Outdoor Education curriculum includes classes such as forest ecology, art in nature, archery, outdoor skills, a day hike, ziplining, and using a compass. Some of their evening activities included astronomy, teacher time, a movie night, a night hike. Many teachers dedicated their time and effort into chaperoning this trip. Pali had a certified staff and many students bonded with their counselors. Dillon Tang said, “The counselors were chill.” The weather at Pali is fairly unpredictable and dry because the camp is located in a mountain region. Henry Fan said, “Bring chapstick, it’s really dry up there.” Overall, Pali was an incredibly memorable experience. Elijah Chung enthusiastically stated, “Pali was on of my favorite trips because the activities were very fun.” We hope to see all future 8th graders attending this trip in the upcoming years.